Networker

Re: [Networker] DDS Config - Networker 7.3/Solaris 8/Quantum PX502-LTO-3/Fiber Connected

2006-06-24 03:58:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] DDS Config - Networker 7.3/Solaris 8/Quantum PX502-LTO-3/Fiber Connected
From: Ali <pk4318 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:54:52 -0700
try jbedit utility

Karthik Sethupathy <ksethupathy AT AIM DOT COM> wrote:
  We have been having this issue of DDS configuration so both the Networker
server and Networker Storage node can share the same tape library. Here is
our configuration :

Networker Server 7.3 is running on a Sun Enterprise E250 which is running
Solaris 8.This is fiber connected to a Quantum PX502 library which hosts
two LTO-3 drives which are connected by fiber too. This configuration is
running fine.

# uname -a

SunOS julius 5.8 Generic_117350-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

# pkginfo |grep LGTO

application LGTOclnt NetWorker Client

application LGTOlicm NetWorker License Manager

application LGTOman NetWorker Man Pages

application LGTOnmc NetWorker Management Console

application LGTOnmo Legato NetWorker Module for Oracle

application LGTOnode NetWorker Storage Node

application LGTOserv NetWorker Server

# pkginfo -l LGTOserv

PKGINST: LGTOserv

NAME: NetWorker Server

CATEGORY: application

ARCH: sparc

VERSION: 7.3.Build.190

BASEDIR: /nsr

VENDOR: EMC Legato Software.

DESC: NetWorker Server

PSTAMP: saruman20051215030455

INSTDATE: Jun 16 2006 00:12

HOTLINE: Please contact your local service provider

STATUS: completely installed

FILES: 41 installed pathnames

3 shared pathnames

3 directories

38 executables

71448 blocks used (approx)

#

# inquire -c

[email protected]:HITACHI DK32EJ36NSUN36G PQ08|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2

S/N: 29S17MNA0040P2B402EC

ATNN=HITACHI DK32EJ-36NC
43419114

[email protected]:TOSHIBA XM6201TASUN32XCD1103|CD-ROM, /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0s2

[email protected]:SEAGATE ST336704LSUN36G 0326|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c0t8d0s2

S/N: 3CD2B07S00002205JGUE

[email protected]:HP Ultrium 3-SCSI L37Z|Tape, /dev/rmt/0cbn

S/N: HU10607GGU

ATNN=HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU10607GGU

WWNN=50060B0000598DA6

WWPN=500E09E00AE05E10

PORT=00000001

[email protected]:HP Ultrium 3-SCSI L37Z|Tape, /dev/rmt/1cbn

S/N: HU106101CA

ATNN=HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU106101CA

WWNN=50060B000059B232

WWPN=500E09E00AE05E20

PORT=00000001

[email protected]:QUANTUM PX500 000C|Autochanger (Jukebox)

S/N: QP0614BDC00016

ATNN=QUANTUM PX500
QP0614BDC00016

IENN=00E09EFFFF0AE05E

WWNN=100000E09E0AE05E

#

We have got a Sun Netra V1280, where the Networker Storage Node 7.3 is
installed, which is also connected the same Quantum PX502 library via
fiber. The objective is to use this server as DSN and let both the
Networker Server and this node share the same library. I have enabled two
DDS licenses and a DSN license in the registration. Though the tape
library and drives are getting detected in the server from OS, I am unable
to add/configure them in Networker.

# uname -a

SunOS hercules 5.8 Generic_117350-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12

# pkginfo |grep LGTO

application LGTOclnt NetWorker Client

application LGTOman NetWorker Man Pages

application LGTOnmo Legato NetWorker Module for Oracle

application LGTOnode NetWorker Storage Node

#

# pkginfo -l LGTOnode

PKGINST: LGTOnode

NAME: NetWorker Storage Node

CATEGORY: application

ARCH: sparc

VERSION: 7.3.Build.190

BASEDIR: /usr

VENDOR: EMC Legato Software.

DESC: NetWorker Storage Node

PSTAMP: saruman20051215030153

INSTDATE: Feb 04 2002 21:00

HOTLINE: Please contact your local service provider

STATUS: completely installed

FILES: 108 installed pathnames

7 shared pathnames

8 directories

100 executables

120894 blocks used (approx)

# /opt/Utils/legato/LGTOnode/reloc/sbin/inquire -c

[email protected]:HP Ultrium 3-SCSI L37Z|Tape, /dev/rmt/0cbn

S/N: HU10607GGU

ATNN=HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU10607GGU

WWNN=50060B0000598DA6

WWPN=500E09E00AE05E10

PORT=00000001

[email protected]:HP Ultrium 3-SCSI L37Z|Tape, /dev/rmt/1cbn

S/N: HU106101CA

ATNN=HP Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU106101CA

WWNN=50060B000059B232

WWPN=500E09E00AE05E20

PORT=00000001

[email protected]:QUANTUM PX500 000C|Autochanger (Jukebox)

S/N: QP0614BDC00016

ATNN=QUANTUM PX500
QP0614BDC00016

IENN=00E09EFFFF0AE05E

WWNN=100000E09E0AE05E

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c3t3d0s2

S/N: 00020344

WWNN=50002AC000020344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00030344

WWNN=50002AC000030344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00040344

WWNN=50002AC000040344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00050344

WWNN=50002AC000050344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00060344

WWNN=50002AC000060344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00070344

WWNN=50002AC000070344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00080344

WWNN=50002AC000080344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 00090344

WWNN=50002AC000090344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk

S/N: 000A0344

WWNN=50002AC0000A0344

[email protected]:3PARdataVV 0000|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0s2

S/N: 00020344

WWNN=50002AC000020344

[...]

[email protected]: No such device

[email protected]:HITACHI DK32EJ72NSUN72G PQ0B|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s2

S/N: 48W1N4GR0040P3BJ0145

ATNN=HITACHI DK32EJ-72NC
415F1304

[email protected]:HITACHI DK32EJ72NSUN72G PQ0B|Disk, /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2

S/N: 48W1MMQJ0040P3BJ025D

ATNN=HITACHI DK32EJ-72NC
415C5169

#

Please help me with enabling DDS and let both Networker Server and
Networker Storage Node share the same library.

Thanks,