Networker

Re: [Networker] Fiber Channel Backup's

2006-06-24 03:51:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fiber Channel Backup's
From: Ali <pk4318 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 00:48:27 -0700
Hi Stella,

  I am not sure what you meant by Fiber Channel Backups,  I guess you re
talking about "SAN backups" or "Backups over SAN"

  If true,  here's what you need to do.

  -Make sure you have enough Storage node licenses  (dedicated / non dedicated)
  -Install storage node package on SAN storage node (if not an existing Storage
node)
  -Configure Storage node (if not an existing Storage node)
  -Assuming there is a Path to drives from the SAN Storage node, in the SAN
Storage node's client instance, modify the "Storage node" field and put it's
own name first as a storage node.

  Thats pretty much all you need to do.

  HTH

Stella Hays <stella.hays.ctr AT NAVY DOT MIL> wrote:
  I need to know how to set up for a fiber channel backup. I am using
Networker 7.2 and the os on my server is Solairs 9. I will be backing up
Windows, Solairs 8, 9 and 10 and also some Linux. For this test I will be
using Solairs 10. I am using a DX100. I have already set up everything
for normal backup's which works fine just alittle slow.

Can someone direct me on how do this.

Thank you

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football ?06 - Go with the leader. Start your league
today!