Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me

2006-06-22 03:19:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:12:50 +0200
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Siobhán Ellis wrote:

SE> I would NOT recommend going to 7.3.1, certainly on Red Hat Advanced Server 3
[snip]
SE> if nsrmmgd (which translates between NetWorker and the nsrlcpd) starts too
SE> quickly, you cannot load tapes (Get an authentication failure)

I can confirm this as well. We had this problem in netwroker 7.3, but it
seems to have been fixed in the 7.3 jumbo patch, but since we upgraded to
7.3.1 it has occured again. Are you still running nsrauth as the first
authentication method? Support asked us to try to re-enable nsrauth, but
considering the problems we had with it in 7.3, I'm reluctant to do so.

//Oscar