Networker

[Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me

2006-06-21 20:15:50
Subject: [Networker] 7.3.1 not recommended by me
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:07:53 +1000
I would NOT recommend going to 7.3.1, certainly on Red Hat Advanced Server 3

at the moment I have issues such as:

savegrp will not run when client retries is >0 and a client retries
savegrp's with large numbers of clients, even with client retries=0, stop and do not submit more client sessions for no apparent reason if nsrmmgd (which translates between NetWorker and the nsrlcpd) starts too quickly, you cannot load tapes (Get an authentication failure)

I have bugs open against all of these at the moment.

Siobhan Ellis

"signoff networker" in the