Networker

[Networker] Server Specs

2006-06-20 10:40:01
Subject: [Networker] Server Specs
From: Tape King <tapeking01 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:38:13 -0700
Hello gurus!
  I am getting a new Windows 2003 server as my legato 7.3.1 server.
  I need help with the specs, can you recommend some for me?

  Here is what I have so far:

  Storagetek L180 Library, 180 slots
  6 of the HP LTO2 2GB fiber tape drives.
  2 cisco fiber switches.
  Server is busy doing backups and clones from 7pm to 9am daily and all
weekend. About 15TB per week plus clones.
  4 "teamed" 1GB NIC cards.

  I need help on these items:

  1) Which brand and model HBA's to use?
  2) Which SCSI card to use for the robot arm?
  3) How much CPU's and Memory?
  4) How should I cable/zone the tape drives to the switches? Now I have 3
drives on one switch and 3 on the other.

  TIA

  Tape King
Gold Tape Supply
Internet: http://stores.ebay.com/Gold-Tape-Supply
  Email: tapeking01 AT yahoo DOT com
  Low Prices on All New Tapes!

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football ?06 - Go with the leader. Start your league
today!