Networker

[Networker] regular expressions in saveset field?

2006-06-20 09:22:23
Subject: [Networker] regular expressions in saveset field?
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:21:36 -0500
Hey list,

I read through the nsr_regexp man page, the Admin guide (7.2.1) and
searched the list archive but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I want to know if it's possible to specify a regular expression in the
saveset field for a given client in order to split up one very very large
F:\ drive into multiple streams.    Thierry was very helpful in making a
suggestion that closely resembles this but uses directives instead of the
saveset field itself.

The goal is to end up with, say, 4 simultaneous streams of data as follows:

F:\[A-G]* get backed up on one stream
F:\[H-M]* get backed up on another
F:\[N-T]*  ditto
F:\[U-Z]*   ditto

Help?
-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.