Networker

Re: [Networker] Ethical? Its a perspective.

2006-06-15 09:55:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Ethical? Its a perspective.
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:57:36 -0400
> If you have any further comments on this issue, I would
> appreciate it being taken off list at this point.

Stan to support your comments and close this demon thread I started.

I would like to point out that the conversation that I had with an EMC
Tech Support rep was "a conversation" I mentioned it here in passing. I
thought it was initially amusing and then it got blown into an
international lesson in ethics and manufacturer responsibility.

The fact of the matter is I use the tech support folks often. They are
there because I pay for the support, the ability to call them when I
have a brain fart or the product burps whichever comes first.

I think it is absurd for anyone (myself included) to think that giving
away one answer will undermine the tech support staff. I posted the note
as an aside and to let you know how much EMC values this list as well...
As a connection to fairly substantial customer base. Last time I checked
I think the list members were close to 2,000 pretty good sized if you
asked me.

And thank you Stan for riding the rail of justice to ensure you can
continue hosting this list.

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE