Networker

[Networker] Antw: RE: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.2

2006-06-12 04:05:28
Subject: [Networker] Antw: RE: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.2
From: Thorsten Linow <Linow.Thorsten AT TALKLINE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:02:01 +0200
Hi Shyam,

Have You checked the reverse-lookup= (nslookup 66.10.227.102) AND the nslookup
(nslookup IISSRV01.<domain>.<name>)?
Sometimes I found DNS-missconfiguration, causing those behaviour.

Regards Thorsten

*  Thorsten Linow
*  Informatik Services -Backup & Restore-
*  Talkline GmbH & CO KG
*  Internet: www.talkline.de

>>> "Abhijit Mathew" <amathew AT marketresourcepartners DOT com> 09.06.06 17:27

Hi Shyam,

This is what I have from the daemon.log on the client side:

01/23/06 23:00:23 nsrexecd:  Warning, cannot resolve host 'IISSRV01' to
'66.10.227.102', name server may be misconfigured.

There is a whole list of these errors.

There are a couple of names for the networker server under the Aliases
field. Can I put in an IP address under the remote tab for the networker
server?

Thanks,

Abhi