Networker

[Networker] Legato Networker 7.2

2006-06-09 09:28:16
Subject: [Networker] Legato Networker 7.2
From: Abhijit Mathew <amathew AT MARKETRESOURCEPARTNERS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:17:19 -0400
Hi,

I am having an issue with Legato Networker 7.2. The error that I am
getting nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection refused

Our current network has the networker server on a different subnet
(172.16.128.X) and the client on another subnet (192.168.X.X). We are able
to ping from both the machines to each other and nslookup is also working
fine.

Other machines in the same subnet as the networker server do not have the
error. I need to manually run the client having the error to do the backup
which runs without a problem.

I have added the FQDN as well as IP address of the Networker server in the
hosts file and \nsr\bin\res file of the client having the issue. I
restarted the networker daemons on the client after I changed the res file.

Any steps that I missed out on? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhi