Networker

[Networker] ANother patch for NetWorker 7.3 jumbo patch

2006-06-06 04:17:59
Subject: [Networker] ANother patch for NetWorker 7.3 jumbo patch
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:11:55 +1000
Well, after asking EMC if there were any other patches required for 7.3 Jumbo patch, I then find I have two problems.

Config

NetWorker server and Storage node running on RedHat AS 3.

First issue was the NetWorker could not mount or label any tapes, coming up with an authentication error. I logged a call, but found a workaround. my /nsr/res/servers file was empty. I added the NetWorker server hostname to that file, and then labels and mounts would work.

I then found that NetWorker would not scavange carts from other pools, and noticed that these recyclable tapes (only those) had the wrong location. Inventorying the slots fixed the issue, but there is a patch (LGTpa86702), which was discovered before the jumbo patch release but not included (go figure!

I also have an issue with restoring my NMC database from another NMC server to my new server.

hey ho!

Siobhan

"signoff networker" in the