Networker

Re: [Networker] NETWORKER Digest - 30 May 2006 to 31 May 2006 (#2006-137)

2006-06-01 02:10:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] NETWORKER Digest - 30 May 2006 to 31 May 2006 (#2006-137)
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 23:07:59 -0700
> I've seen this before. One thing to try is to create an empty text
> file called "pathownerignore" and drop it in the same directory as the
> NetWorker executables (usually C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin on
> Windows or /usr/bin or /usr/sbin on most flavors of UNIX/Linux). That
> sometimes forces NetWorker to back up the correct save sets on the
> correct clients.

pathownerignore does allow for the success of a virtual client to back
up one of the filesystems even if the cluster doesn't believe it's part
of that virtual machine.  What it doesn't seem to do is have any effect
on the enumeration of filesystems when 'all' is the save set specified
in the client definition.

> If you're going to use All, I've found that the best practice is
> generally to put All in the client resources for the physical nodes,
> but manually specify the save set name(s) in the virtual client. If
> that doesn't work, you may be stuck manually specifying everywhere.

Yup.  I've had instances where 'all' worked everywhere and some where it
didn't.  It was rather annoying.