Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client

2006-06-01 01:03:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up a MS Cluster client
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:03:05 -0700
> I am using 7.1.1. and I have seen where saveset ALL grabs all of the
> physical and virtual drives with physical and virtual client
> definitions. I have had to explicitly define the drives to get around
> this issue. Any suggestions? Has anyone seen this before?

Yes, I've seen it.

I find the description for how to set up the clients incomplete.  I've
certainly had arguments with tech support about what is expected.  While
I believe it was not so designed, tech support has told me in the past
that I must supply the drives as explicit names in the saveset.  This
requirement is not in the setup manual.

In general, it appears to be related to name resolution.  If the client
definition name and the actual client names line up, everything works
even with 'all'.  If it doesn't, there's very little information to
troubleshoot exactly what names are being found and what needs to be
changed to make it work.

In several cases I was unable to get it all working and I had to fall
back to explicit save set definition.

Each virtual client needs an IP address and each IP address needs a
network name.  Do the 'network name's of your clients line up with the
client definitions?