Networker

Re: [Networker] New NW 7.3 jumbo patch out

2006-05-27 10:47:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] New NW 7.3 jumbo patch out
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:45:30 +0200
On Sat, 27 May 2006, Stan Horwitz wrote:

SH> For those of you who are running NetWorker 7.3 and are experiencing one or
SH> more problems, does this list address
SH> the problem(s) you are experiencing? I seem to recall at least one report on
SH> an issue with 7.3 not handling tape cleaning
SH> properly, but I don't see a fix to it on this list unless I overlooked it.

Correct. We have two problems with cleaning:

1. Cleaning gets reset to the default number of cleanings on the cleaning
cartridge when we perform an inventory or restart networker.
2. CDI crashes the st subsystem in the linux 2.6 kernel shipped with SLES9
SP2, however, this problem was already present in the 7.2.1 release of
networker, and I'm not sure if its related to networker code. I think it
might be a buggy SCSI subsystem in the kernel/driver in this case.

//Oscar