Networker

Re: [Networker] Need help on nsradmin !!

2006-05-26 10:50:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need help on nsradmin !!
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:48:06 -0400
I would do this in two steps.  First step is to generate a list of the
client resouces with only one listed storage node.  Then use nsradmin to
modify them.

Here is a quick shell script to get you started (hope you are on a unix
platform), which looks through the contents of the nsrdb resource files.
It finds all the NSR client resources, and prints out the name of the
client and the name(s) of the storage nodes.  Modify as needed.

for f in `find /nsr/res/nsrdb -type f`
do
        grep -l "type: NSR client;" $f > /dev/null &&  egrep "^storage
nodes:|^name:" $f
done

Do not directly modify the nsrdb files.  Use nsradmin instead to do so.

Fakhruddin Hamid <fakhruddin.hamid AT GMAIL DOT COM> wrote on 05/26/2006
01:33:00
AM:

> Hi All,
>
> I need help on nsradmin query.
>
> My question is how to negate the query i.e. I don't want to list certain
> client(s) which have a specific attr.
>
> e.g. Few clients has 3 values for storage nodes attr (server1, server2,
> server3) and few others have only one value (server1), I want to query
only
> the clients with one value for the storage nodes say server1.
>
> Is it possible in nsradmin ? or I have to use some scripting to achive
what
> I want.
>
> Regards
>  Fakhruddin Hamid

Jefferies archives and reviews outgoing and incoming e-mail.  It may be
produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result
of  transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.