Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Most Popular Backup Tapes

2006-05-24 16:17:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Most Popular Backup Tapes
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:22:21 -0400
Sarcasm? Me... NEVER. <Grin>

Sorry friend, just not used to a technician using the word popular when
shopping. Maybe it is my DC centric view... My apologies for not
understanding you.

We migrated all of our backup tape off of DLT -> LTO2 last year.

LTO3 is the latest and greatest but you really need to consider COST and
storage of the data. We have to store our data for 10+ years. Go through
200 tapes a year @ each of our (3) sites and we are considered a small
site.

LTO2 tapes cost $30 each
LTO3 tapes are $100 each

DLT /shrug no knowledge of current pricing or their shelf life.

Semper Fidelis et Paratus! /ALE