Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't change media type to LTO3

2006-05-22 14:55:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't change media type to LTO3
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:54:37 -0700
> Does the "media type" not determine how much data Networker will write
> to the tape and how fast it will send data to the device?

No, not to my knowlege.

Networker writes to the tape as fast as it can, and it writes until the
tape sends an error that it is full.

It mainly uses it to keep media and drives in sync.  If all your drives
are 'lto', they can share media.  If some are 'lto' and some are 'dlt',
then they can't.

>  Deleting the device is the first thing I tried, but I get an error
> "before device 'dev/rmt/xxx' may be deleted, it must first be removed
> from jukebox 'xxxx' list of 'devices'"

Right.  So if it's not standalone, you have to do that.

> When I try to delete it from the jukebox's list, I get an error
> "Incorrect number of values in 'loaded volumes', should be '1'".  The
> "loaded volumes" box is empty.

It thinks a tape is loaded.  Can you eject the tape or is it confused
about the status?  If it's confused, you might want to reinitialize
elements with a 'nsrjb -HE'