Networker

Re: [Networker] best LTO2 drive for L700e?

2006-05-19 11:34:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] best LTO2 drive for L700e?
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:33:03 -0400
Ultimately, it boils down to your enviroment, service aggrements, go with
the vendor that can support your product end to end, STK\HP\IBM are all
good vendors, trouble comes when lib vendor or other hardware vendors in
the equation do not want to take owenership of the issues.
I used IBM tape\lib\drives and am pretty happy with thier support, the
only thing with IBM is their utilities for Drive managment are not the
best, while HP does have some nice GUI utilities.
I have used all tape brands, chose a vendor based on serice, when and if
tapes go bad how the warranty support and diag support is, otherwise price
is the factor here.