Networker

Re: [Networker] "xdr checksum failed" while recovering

2006-05-17 06:46:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] "xdr checksum failed" while recovering
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:33:33 +0200
Hello Robert,

Robert Maiello wrote:
There is one listing in for xdr checksum in the EMC knowledge based that deals with the error on IRIX client (below). You probably, but didn't mention, are not running an IRIX client.

No, I try to do a directed recover. The original client is Windows 2000
server, the to be recovered one also. It does not make any difference if I
use winworkr or recover, or if I do a normal or a saveset recover.

It could be a problem with the tape but I find it strange that your reading
18GB but not one file is written...how many files are expected and what is
the size of each ?

It is our software archive, so we have a lot of .exe and .cab files with the
'usual' sizes. Altogether, this are 43.000 files.

I've seen errors where the desitination cannot accept
files bigger than 2GB... of course, your not getting even 2GB. Where exactly is the 18GB going...

to /dev/null. Or NUL:, as it is a Windows machine. ;-)

Olaf

"signoff networker" in the