Networker

Re: [Networker] TRAINING recommendations

2006-05-11 17:04:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] TRAINING recommendations
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:01:16 -0400
On May 11, 2006, at 4:44 PM — 5/11/06, Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT wrote:

What I find amazing is the sheer number of recommendations I have
received for Cambridge Computers for training on EMC/Networker. Quite
impressive actually. I have not spoken to Allison yet, but I intend to.

If Allison is the reason for this high number of recommendations EMC
would do well in hiring her to take over the educational program at EMC!

Thanks for the recommendations to the 40+ of you replied privately.

When I first started working with NetWorker, we were using a OEMed Tru64 version. Just after I started managing Temple's original NetWorker server, I struggled quite a bit one time to recover a server with a huge set of data on it. After resolving the issue with the tech support people at Digital Equipment Corp. I asked the gentleman who helped me if he could recommend a place for me to attend NetWorker training. Cambridge Computer was who he recommended. Alison taught a refresher course that I attended two years ago and it was a good learning experience. I also attended other training at Cambridge Computer Services that was taught by other individuals. All the workshops I attended were beneficial.

Check out their schedule because they also offer some very interesting free workshops besides the paid NetWorker training opportunities.

Cambridge Computer Services is my preferred VAR for anything involving NetWorker and backups that I do here at Temple University. I rely on them to provide NetWorker licenses, software, and some hardware, as well as keeping me updated on new backup technologies. The two tape libraries I use now were purchased through Cambridge Computer who also provided on-site expertise to set up our Sony PetaSite. If all goes well, I hope to have Cambridge Computer back here this summer to upgrade our PetaSite again.

"signoff networker" in the