Networker

Re: [Networker] disaster recovery

2006-05-11 10:09:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] disaster recovery
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:00:48 -0400
Hi

The NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_ environment variables will override NetWorker's
default block size for the device.

BUT, if any driver in the path between nsrmmd and the output device limits
the block size, then you will write at the smaller block size.  Windows
drivers are notorious for this.  Years ago, the method of setting the
Adaptec SCSI adapter to write at a larger block size was fairly well known
and seemed to work.  But, have you had any success at forcing a Windows
environment to use a larger block size, in these days of Fibre Channel
devices?  If so, please let me know!

Thanks
tl