Networker

Re: [Networker] backup server OS - Windows or Linux?

2006-05-04 16:37:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup server OS - Windows or Linux?
From: "McKnight, Scott (USPC.PRG.Atlanta)" <Scott_McKnight AT PRINCETONRG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 16:34:21 -0400
I've tried it on both, and I have to say that Linux far outperforms
Windows.  I ran both operating systems on the same box (first windows
then linux).  I had to reboot windows weekly, because it would hang.
Also, network throughput on Linux was far superior reducing some backup
times by as much as 30%.

R. Scott McKnight