Networker

[Networker] backup server OS - Windows or Linux?

2006-05-04 15:57:08
Subject: [Networker] backup server OS - Windows or Linux?
From: michael brooks <MichaelB AT SEQUOIAINS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:52:20 -0700
We are continuing to look at a new backup solution. We are narrowing in
on a Spectralogic T120, but are still possibly considering the ADIC
i500. A question has come up as to the generally better-performing
backup server OS: Windows or Linux? If the performance gain is hardly
measurable, then our experience is on the Windows side, and the skill
level is higher there. (This question left vague to protect the
innocent...)

Thanx for any input

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

michael brooks
Network Administrator
Sequoia Insurance Company
70 Garden Ct
Monterey CA 93940
831.657.4539 phone
831.657.4512 fax
email: michaelb AT sequoiains DOT com
website: w3.sequoiains.com

::: Sequoia Insurance Security Privacy Message v1.2 :::
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material, the
disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering it to
an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete
the message, and destroy any hard copy printouts. Thank you.