Networker

Re: [Networker] What does it mean /9 in License for SQL Server

2006-05-04 08:24:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] What does it mean /9 in License for SQL Server
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:13:49 +1000
I spoke to Legato licensing renewals personnel some time ago about this
while working for a system integrator.

Apparently for everything other than the base server itself, the /x number
at the end of a license is effectively just simply an "internal NetWorker
code" which regrettably is shown but is effectively not for public
consumption, and is just a key used by the licensing department/engineering
group.

In essence, it comes down to being told "don't worry about it, it doesn't
matter".

Cheers,

Preston de Guise.

On 5/4/06, Rathindra Nath Dhali Operations IT <rdhali AT grameenphone DOT com>