Networker

[Networker] two clients with same name

2006-04-27 10:43:30
Subject: [Networker] two clients with same name
From: Jim Thorsley <thor AT CSD.UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:40:02 -0400
I have two clients with the same hostname on different subnets. They are
'mirror.admin.csd.uwo.ca' and 'mirror.syslab.csd.uwo.ca'. mirror.admin
has been around for a long time and works fine. When I added mirror.syslab
I get this error on the next backup session:

mirror.admin.csd.uwo.ca:L:\ save: SYSTEM error: client `mirror' is not
properly configured on the Sun StorEdge(TM) Enterprise Backup Server

Neither entry in nwadmin has 'mirror' as an alias. They are both named
with their full name. mirror.admin is a Windows XP box while mirror.syslab
is running Fedora Core 4.

Is this telling me I can't have two clients with the same hostname even
when they're on different subnets?

-Jim