Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library

2006-04-24 14:52:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:49:43 -0400
It probably depends on your library.... It will most likely place the
tape into the next available slot.
Our library (a DELL PV136T) would not recognize a cleaning tape until I
put a barcode on it... This was after I opened a case with Legato
support to ask how to insert/set a cleaning cartridge (They seemed to
have no idea what to do, could not tell me how to do it , except for the
nsrjb -U command)...
At first:
To get it into the last slot of the library, I had to fill up the first
59 slots, then insert/deposite the cleaning tape.... To set the number
of cleanings, I had to use the command-line nsrjb command: nsrjb -U 50
-S 60   (50 cleanings -Slot 60). You also have to set your number of
'Available slots' to 1 less than the slot count (59 in our case), as
well as set the cleaning slots=60.

I've since learned to move tapes around in the library using the front
panel LCD, so now I can insert the tape and then manually move it to the
last slot... Then issue the 'nsrjb -U ## -S 60' command.