Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library

2006-04-19 10:13:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library
From: Jeff Mery <jeff.mery AT NI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:10:53 -0500
We do this right now.  NW 7.1.4 on Solaris 9 using an Overland Storage Neo
8000 library with 9 x LTO2 drives.  We have one Networker server and two
storage nodes on this single library.  Each system has several drives
dedicated directly to them with one additional drive setup for DDS between
the two storage nodes.  DDS is on the single drive to handle extra demand
when/where needed.

Jeff Mery - MCSE, MCP
National Instruments

"Allow me to extol the virtues of the Net Fairy, and of all the fantastic
dorks that make the nice packets go from here to there. Amen."
TB - Penny Arcade

Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
04/19/2006 08:03 AM
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Storage nodes/server sharing a tape library

You certainly can in NetWorker V7.3, and I believe jbconfig allows you to
do
this in NetWorker V7.1.4.

tl