Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up large files, nsrexec get timeouts

2006-04-19 08:40:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up large files, nsrexec get timeouts
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:37:23 +1000
this message shows the server has contacted the client and has started
the savefs command on the client

-s <server>   causes the client to do a DNS lookup for <server> and make
a TCP connection to it. it seems that this is the connection thats
timing out - so I'd say that the client is getting a DNS result for
whatever <server> is, but that its not getting the right IP.

Also, make sure no one has edited your client's record and put something
in the 'Server network interface field' that shouldnt be there - i
prefer it to remain blank.   the 'Storage nodes' field will be
specifying a hostname also - make sure this is resolvable on the client
also.