Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Hyperion server with ESSbase

2006-04-18 14:08:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Hyperion server with ESSbase
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:03:43 -0500
Yeah, I've cracked this nut Stan.  I'll send you the script(s) we use.
We've tested a recovery using the product of the script and it works great.

-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.

             Stan Horwitz
             <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

             Sent by: Legato                                            To
             NetWorker                 NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             discussion                                                 cc
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>                                        Subject
                                       [Networker] Backing up Hyperion
                                       server with ESSbase
             04/18/2006 01:00
             PM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Stan Horwitz
             <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

A department here has something called a Hyperion server that houses
data in something called ESSbase.
They want to have their data backed up to the NetWorker 7.2.1 server
that I manage. This server is on our
nightly backup schedule, but they get errors in their backup script.
This is on a Windows 2000 box.

I have googled and searched the NetWorker knowledge base, but no
information on this subject comes up.
This department has also retained the services of a consultant who is
supposed to be an Hyperion expert,
but his efforts in the area of backups have not been fruitful.

I am wondering if anyone on this list can point me toward best
practices for doing Hyperion backups via NetWorker.

type
"signoff networker" in the
if
you have any problems