Networker

Re: [Networker] new tape library/solution

2006-04-18 13:17:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] new tape library/solution
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA CIO/IT <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:20:05 -0400
I know there is a calculator somewhere that tells you what you need.

Total GB to backed up, time allotted to backup said data, cost of
storage per GB, etc, etc.

Does anyone have a web link to it?

Consider upgrading the (2) LTO1 drives in the SCALAR 100 to (4) LTO2
drives backup your data from file services to SAN, then dump that data
from SAN to the tape drives allowing it to work all day without
interrupting your data flow and be done with it.

Hope this helps, /ALE