Networker

Re: [Networker] new tape library/solution

2006-04-18 09:17:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] new tape library/solution
From: "Sackson [US], Mark A." <Mark.Sackson AT SPERRY.NGC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:14:28 -0400
We, too, have a ADIC i2K & LTO2. We are running NetWorker 7.2. We
currently have 4 drives and are waiting to have another 4 installed. We
have an HP eva5000 SAN and NetWorker runs on an AIX box. They are all
connected through a Brocade fiber switch.

Everything is running great. There were a few hiccups during the
install, but once we got everything in place, we have had no problems.
We are about to add another SAN to our environment.

You have to be very careful about who you go with. Like Mr. Saiyed
commented, no one vendor helped us from point-to-point. We have to
combine their knowledge and our knowledge together to get the whole
thing to work.