Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore single file from MMRECOV-ed index?

2006-04-13 07:23:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore single file from MMRECOV-ed index?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:17:21 +0200
Recovering index or using scanner to rebuild it,
take care of the following change :

Before running the nsrck -L7, please extend your browse and retention
policy in the future of the SSIDs you want to rebuild index.
If not, index recovery/rebuild will succeed but you will not be
able to see the index entries if browse/retention retentions
are passed over.

Use nsrmm to modify browsable and retention dates
before nsrck/scanner.

It took me a while to realize it and to find it was
reported in the doc.

HTH,

Th

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/