Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups to adv_file can't span volumes?

2006-04-10 20:01:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups to adv_file can't span volumes?
From: Mike Borkowski <mikeb AT IST.UWATERLOO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:47:53 -0400
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Darren Dunham wrote:

I have 14 large AFTD's  975 GB to 1 TB each.  I had to limit which clients
could backup to each device.  I am hoping to get to Solaris 10 soon to go
larger.  I tried to set them at the 2 TB limit of Sol 8/9 but I kept
getting weird errors and the volumes would unmount.

Which limit?  I know Solaris has a 2TB limit on the size of an
individual lun accessed by the SCSI driver, but that doesn't apply to
the volumes themselves.

Solaris 10 1/06 has removed the 2GB limit on LUN's, our 3.3TB volume is
working fine.

You could use VxVM or SVM to create larger volumes out of the individual
luns if you wanted to use bigger AFTDs.

--mike

Mike Borkowski, Information Systems and Technology, University of Waterloo

"signoff networker" in the