Networker

Re: [Networker] Question regarding DDS and storage nodes

2006-04-09 20:03:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question regarding DDS and storage nodes
From: Brendan Sandes <brendannetworker AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:48:06 +1000
Hi Nick.

I'm a little rusty on this as I haven't done it for a year or so.

Your storage node must see the tape devices first.  You are right in that
you put the linux tape device into jbconfig e.g.  linux:/path/to/drive

Secondly, Only one of the servers connected to the jukebox should see the
autochanger.  If your linux server is the host to control the robot, then
you allow it to see the robot.  If your solaris server is the one to control
the autochanger, then only it should see the autochanger.

All hosts that are going to use the tape drives need to be able to see them
at an OS level first.  Once you can see the tape drives, use the inquire
command to verify the tape drive serial numbers for each host against each
other i.e. tape1=solaris /dev/rmt/1cbn = linux:/dev/rmt/3cbn