Networker

[Networker] Parallelism configuration with NMO 4.2

2006-04-06 11:21:41
Subject: [Networker] Parallelism configuration with NMO 4.2
From: J Alley <j.b.alley AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:07:27 -0400
We are running Networker 7.3 on a Solaris 9 server, and we just installed
the NMO on a Solaris 9 server running Oracle 9i.

 We have the rman backup working just fine to a single tape device.  We are
trying to make the backup use more than one tape device to improve the
backup time.  The save group parallelism is set to 0 so that the number of
tape devices needed will be determined by the number of save streams.  We
have tried changing the number of filesperset in the RMAN script, and we
tried allocating additional channels.  Nothing seems to be working.

Is anyone else running RMAN backups to multiple tape devices?  If so can
you share how you made it work?

Thanks