Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker hangs completely at times

2006-04-03 10:21:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker hangs completely at times
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:20:43 -0400
Well regardless of whether your library can do hardware based cleaning, I
assumed you turned off the Networker cleaning to let Networker not
come to a halt?   You were able to make it through a weekend?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 08:54:58 +0200, Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>
>SH> Check to make sure the settings on your tape library do not conflict
with
>SH> the settings you have in NetWorker for handling cleaning tapes. I have
not
>SH> seen the behavior you describe, especially since I am not running
NetWorker
>SH> 7.3, but with the Sony PetaSite tape library we use and NetWorker
7.2.1, if
>SH> the tape library has any configuration entries at all to handle
cleaning
>SH> tapes, it will not allow NetWorker to mount a cleaning tape and
NetWorker
>SH> reacts by refusing to do anything else with tape mounts until it can
satisfy
>SH> the cleaning request, which has the non-good effect of hanging just
about
>SH> everything, but I have never seen nsrwatch or nwadmin fail in that
>SH> situation.
>
>Sorry, but no, that's not the problem. The T950 is completely agnostic
>about cleaning tapes.
>
>//Oscar
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems