Networker

Re: [Networker] A bug in nsrmm?

2006-03-31 13:21:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] A bug in nsrmm?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:15:50 -0500
On Mar 31, 2006, at 1:06 PM — 3/31/06, Darren Dunham wrote:

my question is, has nsrmm always worked like this or is it something special that came with 7.2.1?

Looks normal to me. I assume you are querying the fact that more than
one volume is changing state? When you mark a volume as recyclable what you actually do is to mark every save set on that volume as recyclable. If any save set has a clone, then the clone also becomes recyclable. If that causes all save sets on another volume to be recyclable, then that
volume will also become recyclable.

Not a bug unless I missed the point of your post....

You know, I've worked with nsrmm for a very long time and never noticed
that.  I was aware that marking a volume recylable changed all the
savesets on the volume to recyclable.

I did *not* know that marking a volume notrecyclable changed every
recyclable saveset on the volume to recoverable.  Huh.

I may be wrong, but I think that feature is new to 7.something < 7.3.

"signoff networker" in the