Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker hangs completely at times

2006-03-30 15:21:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker hangs completely at times
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:20:41 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Networker hangs completely at times, Oscar...:

RM> I agree to look for core dumps.  You could also turn off cleaning in
RM> Networker and see if this avoids this event.  You could try allocating
RM> several cleaning tapes or set the last cleaned date so the drives aren't
RM> up for cleaning..anything to avoid it.

Or maybe set slightly different cleaning intervals on drives! However, if
CDI didn't crash our qla driver on linux, then we could use that instead.
Oh well.

Assuming your library supports library-initiated cleaning, why don't you
just turn off NetWorker cleaning completely, and let the library worry about
it?

Without CDI, NetWorker's cleaning is as likely to be harmful as helpful.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the