Networker

Re: [Networker] Scripting clones from adv_file devices

2006-03-30 05:21:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scripting clones from adv_file devices
From: Siobhan Ellis <Siobhan.Ellis AT ENSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:18:56 +1000
-q 'family=disk,copies<3'

Just did it at a customer site.

Siobhán Ellis
Principal Technology Consultant
ENSTOR Pty Ltd
Level 10, 118 Alfred St
Milsons Point
NSW 2061
Australia

Mobile: +61 424 750 544
Phone: +61 2 9900 2100
Fax: +61 2 9900 2199
e-mail: siobhan.ellis AT enstor.com DOT au
web: http://www.enstor.com.au
>>> rgraves AT CARLETON DOT EDU  >>>
I'm used to the incancation

  mminfo -r ssid -q 'something=something,copies=1' | nsrclone -S -f -

This misbehaves when the source ssids are on an adv_file volume because
every ssid has a pseudo-clone on the _AF_readonly device.

I guess I could work around this by doing two queries,

  -q 'pool=Disk Pool,copies=2'
  -q 'pool=Tape Pool A,Tape Pool B,Tape Pool N,copies=1'

but is there a better way to actually identify these pseudo-clones?

type
"signoff networker" in the
if
you have any problems