Networker

Re: [Networker] Delete individual saveset

2006-03-29 18:52:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Delete individual saveset
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:48:22 -0800
> I have a need to remove the file index for a specific saveset that resides
> on a volume which contains other savesets that I still need. Which command
> is best for this?

The file index is kept in a catalog on the backup server, and a copy is
made after (most) backups.

If you just need to delete the online file index for this saveset from
the disk, then 'nsrmm -d -P -S <ssid>'.

However if you wanted to remove any copies of the file index that have
already gone to tape, you'd probably need to make a copy of any data on
the tape that you did want to keep, then recycle the tape.  Of course
the file index can always be recreated by scanning the actual save set.

You didn't give any background to why you want to do this, so I'm not
sure I've interpreted your question correctly.