Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] NetWorker Marking Tape Full

2006-03-24 07:38:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] NetWorker Marking Tape Full
From: "Hwan Meng, Lee" <hwanlee AT SOFTHOME DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:33:08 -0500
I have switched off the CDI option but the problem persists.

I am still getting tapes marked full way before their capacities are
reached. Definitely not drive issue since all the drives are involved and
only the Windows storage nodes are affected. The only thing is that
everytime it happens the following got written into the daemon.log:

03/24/06 08:22:18 nsrd: media warning: rd=winhostname:\\.\Tape2 writing:
The requested resource is in use., at file 62 record 11589

Someone suggested some fiber runaway msg in the network is involved (I have
1Xbackup svr, 2XUNIX storage nodes and 2XWIN storage nodes so something
could have triggered the WIN storage node to think the tape is full). How
to use a fiber analyser to check in our case?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:49:06 +0100, Rudolf von Burg <rvonburg AT AASTRA DOT