Networker

[Networker] Exchange 2003 PF Backups

2006-03-23 16:23:21
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 2003 PF Backups
From: "Thomas, Tim" <tthomas AT CENTURYKY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:16:20 -0600
Has anyone ever successfully performed a brick level backup of Exchange
2003 public folders?  I am attempting to do so but have many files
giving the following error:

http://server name/Public/public folder name/filename/ Error: 0x80070005

COM error: 0x80070005

Source: Provider

I have been working with Legato and Microsoft and neither seem to know
where the problem lies.  This started with version 7.2 and has continued
to exist in 7.3.  I'm using NetWorker Exchange Module 4.1.0.148.
Microsoft says that they don't support brick level backups of public
folder or mailboxes.  However, Legato claims they can do it but they
can't seem to figure out why it won't work.  I'm at a loss, along with
everyone else involved and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim