Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie

2006-03-23 11:30:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie
From: "Coty, Edward" <Edward.Coty AT AIG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:27:43 -0500
 The browse and retention polices are saveset specific. The saveset with
the largest rentention policy on a volume will determine that volume's
status. You could have 200 savesets on a tape and 199 of them will be
recyclable and one will still be browsable for another 4 months. That
tape will not be recycled for 4 more months.

You can use nsrmm -S ssid -w 03/25/06 -e 03/25/06 to modify the browse
and retention policy of a saveset once it is created.

Edward Coty
Open Systems Storage Engineering, LCNA
Work - 973-533-2098
Cell - 973-296-0918