Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie

2006-03-23 10:06:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie
From: Eric Horn <Ehorn AT CO.LUCAS.OH DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:04:08 -0500
You can re-label the tape which will remove the tape info from the
index.   If the tapes have room left on them (appendable in Networker
lingo), you can add more data assuming it is in the same pool as the
client to be backed up.   At least that is how it works on my version
(7.1.2).

Eric

>>> rrevuru AT GMAIL DOT COM Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:40:31 AM >>>
Hello:

I am totally a newbie for networker. I have did a good reading of the
documentation, and there are some questions which were not answered.

1. How do make the tapes re-usable( I did some reading on "Browse and
Retention Policy" chapter, and it said that unless the tapes reach time
set
on browse and retention policy, tapes wouldnt be re-usable.

2. Once the time on Browse and Retention expires, how do we make the
tapes
re-usable.

Thanks,

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems