Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO2 drives trying to load LTO3 tapes

2006-03-22 12:54:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO2 drives trying to load LTO3 tapes
From: Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:50:01 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions!
The consensus so far is to create a separate "LTO3" pool and restrict access
to specific clients and groups.

Lee, you are absolutely right about the inventory being an issue. Without
any partitioning on our STK L700 we have to be careful when moving around
the LTO3 tapes.

I don't have this working smoothly yet, but I will post a summary of what
worked when we get to that point.

BTW, this Legato Listserv is great. We just migrated from Veritas Backup
Exec to Legato NW 4 months ago and this has been a far better resource than
the EMC\Legato site. Thanks again.

Eric Haupt

Senior Systems Engineer

Information Technology Group