Networker

Re: [Networker] Maximum amount of LTO2 tape drives

2006-03-22 09:46:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Maximum amount of LTO2 tape drives
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:42:13 -0500
We try to put no more than 3 LT02s on an HBA port.

I see your running a V890 which has faster CPUs but is the same as
the V880.

Do you see the dual cores helping with Network traffic load (presuming
your doing network based backups)?

I would think your seeing PCI bus limit of this box;  you have 2 33Mhz
buses and 1 66Mhz bus to work with.   We've found the best config (for
network backups) is to have the gigabits on the 66Mhz bus.  That leaves,
sadly, 2 33Mhz buses for the HBAs..but one HBA can eat a 33Mhz bus.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:37:52 -0500, Bradley Todd <bradleyt AT DISCOVERY.CO DOT