Networker

[Networker] Maximum amount of LTO2 tape drives

2006-03-22 08:42:01
Subject: [Networker] Maximum amount of LTO2 tape drives
From: Bradley Todd <bradleyt AT DISCOVERY.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:37:52 -0500
Hi All,

Just a quick question. We are running LTO2 drives in our environment and
experiencing slight degredation in performance.

What is the recommended fan out ratio per 2GB HBA to achieve best
performance on our drives.

Current Config:

ADIC I2000 14xLTO2 drives 4xI/O Blades
Sun Fire V890 8x1.2GHz dual core CPU 4xQLA2300 HBA's

Thanks in advance.

Bradley