Networker

Re: [Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?

2006-03-21 19:28:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Groups and schedules missing following install?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:22:18 -0500
Thanks,

There is no 'res.R' file anywhere under /nsr, but the nsr/nsr.res file is the same one that was on our old server so it seems that it brought it back and simply overwrote the default one that was created following the install. Maybe if I restart the software it will see the new info?

I may have to wait until we have a storage node and library in place before recovering all the client indexes. I don't think I have enough space on the old server to dump all the client indexes to a file type device for copying and recovering via a file type device on the new client. I do have enough space to do some of them as a test, though. Otherwise, maybe I can do it in chunks with no more than a certain number of clients in the group at one time.

George

Rich Graves wrote:

George Sinclair wrote:

I just installed 7.2.1 on a new Solaris 9 box and recovered the bootstrap from our old Solaris server (runs NetWorker 6.1.1) using mmrecov. Everything appeared to run OK, but I don't see any of our groups or schedules when I launch nwadmin from the new server. However,

After running mmrecov you're supposed to swap /nsr/res.R into place.

It's been a while since I upgraded from 6.x to 7.x. There may be additional oddity there.

I do see all our volumes, and everything under the 'Save sets' window looks valid, showing all our clients, etc.

That's all stored in /nsr/mm.

and these newer ones from the initial install:
nsrdb/

Networker >= 7.0 moved most of the /nsr/res flat files into a directory tree there. This is supposed to reduce concurrency issues.

Also, it's my understanding that the client indexes are not brought back via mmrecov, so I will either have to copy them over from the old server, or recover them from tape. Will they show up in the client listing at that point?

Yes, you need to run nsrck -L7 for every client. You'll want to run a savegrp -O -l full on a group including *every* client.

"signoff networker" in the