Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO2 drives trying to load LTO3 tapes

2006-03-21 05:52:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO2 drives trying to load LTO3 tapes
From: Sebastian Schönwetter <seb AT OPEN2 DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:51:09 +0100
Like this ?

Create a separate Group(s) for your LTO-3 backups
Create a new Pool called "LTO3"
Include only the LTO-3 group(s) in this pool
Include only the LTO-3 device(s) in this pool
Exclude the LTO-3 device(s) from other pools
Exclude the LTO-3 group from other pools

Quoting Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>:

Hello,
  I just added two LTO3 tape drives to our STK L700 which already had eight
LTO2 drives. I'm using Legato NW 7.2.1 on Windows2003 and I have a problem
where Legato is trying to mount the LTO3 tapes in the LTO2 drives. This is
causing delays in savegroups, and the LTO2 drives to go into service mode
because of too many errors.
  I have several dedicated storage nodes with which I am using SnapImage. I
want to dedicate the biggest ( 1.7 TB ) , most important, SnapImage savesets
to these two new LTO3 drives and LTO3 volumes. I would also like for the two
LTO3 drives to be available for other storage nodes and restores when not
busy with big SnapImage jobs.
  Any suggestions on how I configure NW so I can keep the LTO3 tapes
dedicated to the LTO3 drives? I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems wit this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

Sebastian Schönwetter
Open2 BVBA
Steenweg op Brussel 149
1780 Wemmel