Networker

[Networker] New Client won't talk to Networker Server

2006-03-20 13:58:43
Subject: [Networker] New Client won't talk to Networker Server
From: Sauer J <JSauer AT DTICAM.DTIC DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:36:41 -0800
My UNIX Networker server (IP 111.x.x.x) backups UNIX

clients (also IP 111.x.x.x)

I have a new server (IP 222.x.x.x) that is not communicating with

my Networker server.

The 111.x.x.x server are part of a F5 Network BIG*IP

which provides SNAT/NAT.  From the outside 222.x.x.x IPs

are translated to 111.x.x.x by BIG*IP.  Individual ports

are opened such as port 80 for HTML access to our websites or

port 22 for SSH access by admin.

I've created ports 7937 and 7938 access into my Networker server

on the BIG*IP.  NAT/SNAT is turned off

***** Server:

rpcinfo -p

    390113    1   tcp   7937  nsrexec

    390115    1   tcp  10773  lgtolmd

    390103    2   tcp   8853  nsrd

    390109    2   tcp   8853  nsrstat

    390110    1   tcp   8853  nsrjb

    390103    2   udp   8197  nsrd

    390109    2   udp   8197  nsrstat

    390110    1   udp   8197  nsrjb

    390107    5   tcp   7956  nsrmmdbd

    390107    6   tcp   7956  nsrmmdbd

    390105    5   tcp   8092  nsrindexd

    390105    6   tcp   8092  nsrindexd

    390104  105   tcp   8008  nsrmmd

    390104  205   tcp   9124  nsrmmd

# more /etc/hosts

#

# Internet host table

#

127.0.0.1       localhost

111.1.111.25    nw_server.dtic.mil  nw_server   loghost

222.2.222.22    nwclient.dtic.mil nwclient

***** Client:

rpcinfo -p

    390113    1   tcp   7937

# more /etc/hosts

#

# Internet host table

#

127.0.0.1       localhost

222.2.222.22    nwclient.dtic.mil nwclient  loghost

222.2.222.25    nw_server.dtic.mil  nw_server

111.1.111.25    nw_server.dtic.mil  nw_server

Here is the results of command line backup attempt on the new client:

#save -s nw_server /usr

save: RPC warning: RPC cannot make a procedure call:

Create failed: Remote system error - Connection refused

save: Cannot open save session with nw_server

My daily reports always shows the late night backups failed

on the new system (cannot contact)

There's probably something obvious I am missing but I

haven't found it yet.

Thanks,

Jim