Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drives goes offline quite often

2006-03-18 02:16:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drives goes offline quite often
From: Fakhruddin Hamid <fakhruddin.hamid AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:31:27 +0530
Hi,

Check the st driver for the Solaris, if you have a older driver it could be
causing the problem.
The st driver patch for Solaris 9 is: 113277 install the latest available
patch.

Same way if u have other OS release install the appropaite patch.

Hope this will help

Regards
Fakhruddin Hamid

On 3/18/06, Raghava Karu <kraghava AT comcast DOT net> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> We are seeing this failure(tape drives goes offline) quite often on our
> L700 LTO II IBM FC tape drives. These drives are shared between 8 storage
> nodes and a backup server on Solaris 9 with EBS 7.2(SAN environment). We
> observed it's happening once finsihing writing to tape at eof stage. Drive
> is not seen by networker(nsrjb) and OS(mt,cfgadm)levels. It is recognising
> only after power off/on those drives. Does anyone seen this issue before and
> found a fix?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Raghava

> type
> "signoff networker" in the
> body of the email. Please write to [email protected]
> you have any problems
> wit this list. You can access the archives at

Best Regards
Fakhruddin Hamid